Thursday, December 3, 2009

Silencer



Don't waste your lips on words I've heard before
Kiss my tired head.
And each letter written wastes your hand, young man
Come and lead me to your bed
You gave me hope that I'd not lost her
And then thought it rather strange to see me smile-
as I don't, I don't do too much smiling these days.

She put on happiness like a loose dress
Over pain I'll never know
"So the peace you had," she said,
"I must confess, I'm glad to see it go."
We're two white roses lying frozen just outside his door
I've made you so happy and so sad,
But which should I be more sorry for?

Come kiss my face goodbye,
that space below my eye and above my cheek
Cause I'm faint and fading fast, and I see a darkness
And I shall be released.
I'll pass like a fever from this body,
And softly slip into his hands
I tried to love you and I failed,
But I have another plan.

How long, My Lord, how long to sing this song?
And my Lord, how much more of this pretending to be strong?
She'll stand before your throne
Dressed in beauty not her own
All soft and small, you'll hear her call
"you brought me here now, now take me home."

MeWithoutYou
-One of the most amazing bands, in my opinion, that I've ever heard lyrically and musically. Seeing them live was transcendent.

3 comments:

  1. Um. So obviously I've been listening to MeWithoutYou this week, too. Because, um. We're siamese brains apparently. Should my next question be, "how did you enjoy making Dutch Letters" last night? Or "How do you like your new Bible," or when are you going pick up a copy of "The Reluctant Fundamentalist"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously.

    This just keeps getting crazier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-VD9dtFEU

    and this is why we love aaron so much....

    ReplyDelete