Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.


I've changed a lot in the past year. Some drastic, so subtle. I've bettered. I've grown. I've receded. I've become stronger than I ever thought I could be-- and it does not echo in an empty room. Change has been forced down my throat. Change has been chosen. And one choice, I will keep on making, over and over, as long as it takes to get over you, and to heal from the hell you drug me through, is to live a life of honor and grace. To pull myself out of the hell I drug myself through. To forgive me. To forgive you. I choose to not believe the lies, but to live in truth. I am by no means perfect. I make mistakes daily. I have the breath knocked out of me more often than not. But my furious determination to live a life of substance, will always win out.

2 comments:

  1. Mel, this is, well, wow. Deep, ravaging, purposeful.

    Your writing and the heart with which it is composed never cease to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Miranda. That means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete