Saturday, May 29, 2010

See I will carry you, through the hurricane waters.

I am so grateful for my friends. From shoulders to cry on and singing with milkshakes to take my mind off it, daily texts and phones calls to check on me, offers to leave a family vacation to come and just "be with me" as I had to go through all the motions of the funeral, new friends who have unexpectedly been a great comfort, and the most worth waiting for, getting Micah back.

The past few weeks have been so difficult. Agonizing even. But my beautiful friends have been my anchor and a safe place to fall. I always want to help my friends, I love them so very much, be there for them in any way I can-- but I don't rely well on others myself. Something about my personality makes it physically and emotionally hard to ever actually lean on anyone. Thank goodness I learned my way around it. I'd have missed out on the incredible healing that comes in a true friends understanding.

I don't have loads of friends, there are just a few-- but those few are closer to me than family in many ways, and I am enormously thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment