Monday, June 21, 2010

A Female Corpse (back view)



Down turned

Mouth filled with dirt

Long have I lain

Expiating.

A jeweled apple

my skull talks back

decomposed prettily

barnacles from our sea

arrange themselves in little rows

tegument me



I do my corpse-waltz

To your side

press your lips on mine

I want to smell you exhale

Feel you pale

Linen wrapped

my body arabesques

flinging free

Surprised I still can sway



You brandish

desire

Like a sword.
Cut me to pieces
Please.

In a flourished grave

I've become cowardly.

There is nothing left human

To recognize by.


Circled dark

Ringing eyes

I hear chanting

deep inside.

My coffin dilates,

Slip inside


cob-webbed and crippled

brightest thing I've seen

Come, lay next to me

These are drying wounds

The worms will soon take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment